Care & Maintenance
Recommended Care & Maintenance of Q Toys products for retailers and customers
To maintain the appearance and quality of our Timber products we suggest the following procedures:
We recommend that you store Q Toys timber products away from direct sunlight, excessive outdoor exposure, and heating appliances.
Appropriate humidity levels for storage should be between 25 to 35 percent
Moving and transport
When moving Q Toys furniture, do not drag or slide it over floor or uneven surfaces. Lift and carry them carefully.
When packing Q Toys products for transport or storage, use bubble wrap and fasten securely.
Use a clean lintfree cloth and cleaning liquid.
Suggested cleaning liquids:
- Sugar soap (for grease, mould, smoke stains, household grime)
- Citrus cleaner (for paint)
(Test the cleaner on an inconspicuous area if you have any doubt)
Oil or wine stains, dents or scratches
These stains may not be removed using surface cleaners if the oil or paint has been absorbed into the timber. In this case, AND FOR DENTS AND SCRATCHES, follow these steps:
- Clean the area with a clean tissue or cloth.
- Using a very fine sandpaper gently sand the area, feathering the edges, and sanding along the grains
- Clean the sanded area from dust
- Using a fine brush, re-stain the sanded area with Q Toys' Bio-paint
(Sandpaper: - For rubber timber use 220-240 grits - For acacia timber use 150-180 grits)
Fill up small cracks
- Clean the cracked area with smooth cloth
- Fill the crack with timber fillers of colour similar to the timber colour
- Sand away timber fillers around the crack to a smooth surface
- Re-stain the cracked area with Q Toys' Bio-paint using a soft brush
- To avoid using darker Q Toys' Bio-paint than the colour of the cracked area, which is hard to fix, you can start with lighter Q Toys' Bio-paint than the stained area, then put more layers of stain on until you achieve the right colour.
- Always sand along the grains. Sand across the grains may cause more scratches to the timber.